Learn how to make easy and gluten-free starter Cajun Potatoes for your parties|Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes Recipe
Crispy roasted potatoes with aromatic herbs served with the topping of chilli mayo dip and garnished with onions, make one of the easiest and delicious party snack. A make ahead, gluten-free snack that you can make vegan friendly too!!
Try this Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potato recipe at home for your weekends and get togethers.
What are Crispy Cajun Potatoes
Cajun Potatoes are delicious starter/appetizers where crispy deep fried potatoes are served with a spicy mayo sauce. These are one of the most popular signature dish served at the famous Barbeque Nation, a famous restaurant chain in India.
You can now make these at home, in a much health friendly way with very little oil. And serve this potato snack as starters at parties and get-togethers. Or, make for your weekend evening.
Ingredients to make Cajun Potatoes
Baby Potatoes- I use baby potatoes to make this signature dish but, you can always use regular potatoes to make it. Red potatoes, gold or yakon potatoes can be used in the recipe. Cut you regular/big potatoes in bite size cubes before boiling.
Cajun Spice Mix- You can use readymade Cajun seasoning or make it at home. Details are in the recipe card.
Creamy Mayo Dressing- Make the mayo dressing with plain mayo, ketchup, sriracha or chilli garlic sauce. Vegan can use vegan/egg-free mayo.
Olive Oil- to bake/air fry potatoes.
Onions- I also garnish the potatoes with finely chopped onions along with mayo dressing. Use red onions in the recipe which add a slight sweet crunch.
How to make Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes
Details for the process are given in the recipe card. Refer the below section for stepwise pics.
You can bake or air fry the boiled potatoes.
Will soon update the recipe with air fryer Method for Cajun Potatoes
Tips to make perfect Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes
Make sure potatoes are not over boiled. These should have a bite, else the resulting dish will not have the signature texture and taste.
Stepwise steps to make Cajun Potatoes
Serve these as party appetizer and even as side great side dish for weekend brunch or lunch.
I also like to top these with finely chopped onions, it adds a nice sweet crunch.
Frequently asked Questions
Crispy Cajun Potatoes taste best when served hot and fresh just out of oven/fried. When making for a get together or party you can boil, smash and sesaon potaotes with herbs and oil. You can also bake these and keep. Preheat in oven and serve with mayo dressing.
You can use fresh greek yogurt in place of mayo. Make sure the yogurt is not very runny and sour. You can also add 1-2 tsp cream to yogurt.
Do check out my Smashed Potato Chaat recipe, where I have used air fried the potatoes in my recipe.
Checkout these delicious recipes with baby potatoes from the blog
More potato recipes from the blog
Recipe Card for Cajun Potatoes
- Oven or Air fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 12-15 nos. Baby Potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil or use any flavourless oil
Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley optional
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt as required
Creamy Mayo Chilli Sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnise use eggless or with egg
- 1-2 tsp Chilli Sauce use as required
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly until cleaned off all the dirt and boil until 3/4 done. Boil potatoes in an open pan so that you can keep a check on the softness. We don't want over boiled/soft potatoes. Avoid boiling in the pressure cooker.12-15 nos. Baby Potatoes
- Once the potatoes are 3/4 done and cooled, press each potato flat using a potato masher.
- Make the seasoning. In a bowl mix olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, red hot sauce, red hot sauce and salt. Coat smashed potatoes with the seasoning.2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tsp Dried Parsley, 1 tsp Chilli flakes, 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, Salt
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 375 °F/ 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp.
- Prepare mayo chilli sauce by mixing mayonnaise, curd, sour cream, red hot pepper sauce, tomato ketchup and chilli flakes.2-3 Tbsp Mayonnise, 1-2 tsp Chilli Sauce, 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Once baked, take out of the oven, season with some more herbs, take out in the serving tray and serve hot with mayo chilli sauce garnished with chopped onion
I am sure you will enjoy these potatoes as much as we do. Do try it and share your feedback.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!