Hot weather or chilly winters... a bowl of Pasta is always comforting. Kids love it and grown-ups too don't mind eating it!!
Penne Pasta in creamy Marinara Sauce is an easy and quick dish that can be made in jiffy for a quick comforting dinner or for kids lunchboxes. This is a kids friendly recipe with some bell peppers thrown in. My kids love this version of creamy tomato sauce pasta and my little calls it 'Pink Pasta'!! as the color is light red or towards pink with the addition of little cream in tomato sauce. I often pack this for their lunch in thermo flask, so that they can enjoy warm pasta for lunch!! My hubby who doesn't like much of creamy and cheese based dishes, also likes this version pasta as this is very light and cream and cheese in this can be added as required.
Penne Pasta is the cylindrical shaped pasta and Marinara Sauce is a traditional tomato based sauce where tomatoes are cooked with onion, garlic, basil and bell peppers. Use store-bought sauce or make it at home(recipe for Homemade Marinara Sauce), either ways few easy steps and a delicious bowl of comfort is ready. Penne Arrabiata is another version of this dish where a more spicy version of marinara sauce with chilli flakes is used to make the pasta dish.
Few Pointers on how to make a yummy Penne Pasta...
- Add pasta to the boiling water or cook as per the instructions on the pack.
- Pasta should be cooked al-dente or little chewy.
- Add pasta immediately to the sauce after draining water. If you're adding it in adding in salads or for use, run it in cold water, pasta won't be sticky.
- I like to added some more finely chopped bell peppers, but these are optional and you can leave it if you want but these give a nice crunch.
- I add some cream(1-2 tbsp) to make it little creamy, in case you want to avoid cream(vegans) add some Almond Meal or Cashew Powder or any non-dairy cream will also be fine.
- Calories watchers can add some milk(dairy or non-dairy) instead of cream or nut-meals .
Let's quickly see how I make this yummy and easy Pasta dish
Penne Pasta in Creamy Marinara Sauce
- 1.5 Cups Penne Pasta
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped Bell Peppers optional
- 1/2-1 tsp Herbs like Basil or Oregano or any Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes or as per taste
- 1-2 tsp Butter/Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Cream
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Salt as per taste
- Basil Leaves for Garnish
- Boil Pasta in a pot of water as per packages instructions. Boil Al-dente, drain the water.
- Meanwhile, in a pan heat oil, add garlic and saute for a minute till the raw smell goes away.
- Add onions and saute till light pink. Add bell peppers and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sauce, sugar,herbs, red chilli flakes and black pepper and cream and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot along with some garlic bread!!
So do try my version of Penne Pasta in Marinara sauce. Use a gluten-free pasta those who are on gluten-free diets. I am sure you and your family is going to love it.. Make it for Potluck parties or get-togethers.Enjoy this with a bowl of soup or your favourite drink. Kids will bring the empty lunch boxes when you pack this for lunch. A light-hearty and a happy meal!!?
Linking the post to #97Blogging Marathon Day 2 Week 1 where the theme is Kid’s Delight – Lunch Box Dishes in 30 minutes
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#97
My first post for the series was.. Indian Masala Macaroni
Other Easy meal /Lunch Box options-- Palak Paneer Parantha, Tawa Pulao, Chow Mein, Methi Dal Poori, Masala Idli and many more...
Do try this easy Indian Masala Macaroni recipe, and give let me know how you liked it!! I will love to see the pics on any of my social media pages..FB or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25) whenever your try. You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Pasta lovers, irrespective of age would love your version of pasta.
I would love to have this right now. I am sure my kids would enjoy this much.
Looks very good. My kids can live on this pasta for days 🙂
Such a delicious bowl of pasta. With cream and cheese, this would be absolutely yum.
That bowl of pasta is so creamy and inviting , I could polish it off for my dinner !
Renu Agrawal Dongre
I love pasta in all forms and this one looks sure to hit all the boxes for my or kiddos lunchbox. yum
My pasta loving kids will LOVE this creamy pasta. Easy to make and perfect to pack in lunchbox.