No bake Carrot Cake energy Balls are delicious take on your favourite Carrot Cake. These are easy and so quick to make and are perfect to have on hand on a busy morning, as a midday snack for you and your kids or to crave your sweet tooth cravings anytime of the day.
The Carrot cake bites are healthy, rich in fibre, antioxidants and good fats. Make these for your kids lunchboxes or even serve as treats for Easter and Holiday brunch menu.
- About the Recipe
- Reasons to make Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Ingredients to make Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- How to make No Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Tips to make the best Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Recipes with Carrots from the blog
- More Energy Healthy Bites and Bars from the Blog that you will love to make
- Frequently asked Questions
- Recipe Card
- No Bake carrot Cake Energy Bites
About the Recipe
Carrot Cake Energy bites also known as Carrot Bliss Balls, are one of the another way to include carrots in your and your kids diet. These energy balls have all the flavors of Carrot Cake and can be customized as per your dietary preferences or availability of ingredients. Sweetened with dates and raisins there are free from artificial sweetener and are a power packed to give instant energy boost after a workout or whenever you are feeling tired and low.
Reasons to make Carrot Cake Energy Bites
I love this recipe and so will you as:
- can make these all under 15 mins. and need no cooking or baking.
- These are so nutritious, filled with carrots, oats, dates,nuts and raisins.
- Free from natural sweeteners.
- A wonderful healthy treat for anytime snack and even for Easter celebrations.
- These are Gluten-free, dairy free and can be made nut free. Perfect those with dietary restrictions like those on Gluten-free diets nut allergies and vegans.
Ingredients to make Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
Carrots- Fresh orange carrots. These are a great source of dietary beta carotene, Vit. A, loaded with fibres. Carrots support weight loss, gut health, good for eyes, skin and hair. This is a very versatile vegetable and can be eaten raw, added to salads, smoothies, used in baking and cooking various sweet and savoury dishes.
Nuts- I have used walnuts and almonds. You can any other nut of your choice. For those with nut allergies, skip the nuts and use pumpkin/sunflower seeds.
Dates and Raisins- Use pitted dates. Both are used as natural sweetener. Both are loaded with fibre and are a good source of iron and other minerals like copper, potassium and magnesium.
Oats- Instant Rolled oats are a wonderful choice to add in a no bake or no cook dish. If you want to make gluten-free energy bites, make sure you select the oats which are made in a wheat free facility. Rolled oats need no cooking but you can lightly roast these in oven or in a pan. Incase you want to skip oats, add almond meal or more almonds.
Dessicated coconut- Roll the bites in dessicated coconut. It adds flavour and makes the bites look pretty :).
Flavouring- I have added vanilla essence only. You can spice it up with cinnamon powder/ginger powder. you can also add orange zest.
Choco Chips- I added chocolate chips to half of the mixture. You can also add finely chopped dark chocolate pieces.
How to make No Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites
These energy bites with carrot, oats and dates come together in a matter of few minutes. All you need is a high speed food processor. To make these carrot cake bliss balls:
- Peel the carrots and then dice it.
- Add nuts to food processor and grind coarsely grind.
- Next add carrots, dates, raisins, vanilla essence and grind to coarse mix.
- Next add oats and now pulse everything to a coarsely but firm mixture. Do not pulse to a very fine mix.
- Roll small bite sized ball and then roll in dessicated coconut.
- I also added chocolate chips to half of the mixture and made choco-chips carrot cake bites. It is optional and you can skip this step.
Tips to make the best Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Take soft and pitted dates. If dates are dry then you soak in lukewarm water for a couple of minutes. Drain water completely and pat dry dates with a tissue/paper napkin.
- When making for your toddlers or kids make sure you grind the ingredients finely.
- Do not overgrind, the mix. may get of watery consistency as carrots may lose water.
- If the mix. is kind of wet and loose consistency, add 1-2 tbsp oats or grind oats to powder and mix.
- If the mixture is too dry then add 1 tbsp of warm water to bind.
Recipes with Carrots from the blog
Carrot Pickle, Sweet and Spicy Carrot Hummus, Carrot and Barnyard Millet Milk Pudding (Gajar aur Sama Rice Kheer), Gajar Halwa(Carrot Pudding, Golden Smoothie recipe, Roasted Pumpkin and Carrot Soup, Zucchini and Carrot chocolate Nut Bread and muffins , Gajar Aloo Methi ki subzi and many more
More Energy Healthy Bites and Bars from the Blog that you will love to make
Frequently asked Questions
Refrigerate these carrot cake energy balls in an airtight container. stays good for a week.
These carrot energy bites are freezer friendly also. You can freeze these for a couple of weeks. Allow them to thaw before eating.
Yes, you can still make these healthy bites if you don't have food processor. You will need a grinder and grater.
Grate carrots separately. Grind nuts, dates, raisins, oats(add whole or grind to powder form) coarsely or the desired consistency. Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl and shape in bites/balls.
No Bake carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Food Processor
- Peeler to peel carrots
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Mixed Nuts Walnuts, Almonds
- ½ Cup Dates pitted
- ¼ Cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ Cup Dessicated Coconut for rolling bites
- ¼ Cup small Chocolate Chips optional
- Peel the carrots and cut into small chunks/cubes.2 medium Carrots
- Add nuts to food processor and grind coarsely grind.
- Next add carrots, dates, raisins, vanilla essence and grind to coarse mix.½ Cup Mixed Nuts, ½ Cup Dates, ¼ Cup Raisins, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Grind again to a coarse mixture.
- Now add oats and grind again for 2-3 pulses. Do not grind to a very smooth mixture if you want some crunch of the nuts and carrots.1 Cup Oats
- Transfer to a plate/dish.
- Now make small lemon sized balls and roll in dessicated coconut.½ Cup Dessicated Coconut
- I added ¼ cup choco chips in half of the mixture to make Choco Chip Carrot Cake bites. You can do this skip this step and make plain bites only.¼ Cup small Chocolate Chips
- Let the bites set for sometime and then transfer to a jar or container.
Do try these no bake carrot cake energy balls and if you love carrot cake you are surely going to love these healthy bites for anytime snacking.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!