Mango Chilli Sauce, a delicious Mango Sauce made with ripe mangoes and red chillies.
It’s the season of mangoes and everyone is making best use of this seasonal fruit. Raw or Ripe.. mangoes are everywhere. Whether it is Indian spice based Mango Chutney (Aam aur Sirke ki Chutney), Mango Shakes or Smoothies and Mango based desserts(Mango Mousse, Aam ras).
Mango Chilli Sauce combines the sweet flavour of mangoes with the spicy whole red chillies. Hint of garlic kick and ginger lends a out of the world flavour to this sauce. The sauce can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 months a vinegar acts as a preservative here.
How can I use this Mango Sauce..
This sweet and spicy sauce is a great accomplishment to your snacks and starters like spring rolls, pita chips and vegetarian and non-vegetarian snacks and starters. Mix some cheesy sauce, mayo or hung curd with it and can be used as a spread for your sandwiches. Yes you heard me right on Sandwiches also. The sauce can be added as dressing to your salads for sweet, tangy and spicy kick.It goes very well with cheesy naan bites that I make with leftover naan dough or naan. Soon will post the recipe for my Cheesy Naan Bites.
Mango Chilli Sauce is a no fuss recipe ready within 10 minutes.
Let’s see how I make this Mango Chilli Sauce..
Mango Chilli Sauce
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Sugar/any natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt/Table Salt
- 1/2" Ginger piece(small)
- Peel, dice and puree mangoes and half of ginger. Finely chop garlic and rest of the ginger.
- In a pan, heat oil, add garlic and ginger and saute for a minute till the raw smell goes away.
- Add pureed mangoes , chilli flakes and mix. Cook for a minute, add sweetener, vinegar, water, salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Check the consistency, if it too thin add a tsp of cornstarch mixed in 2-3 tbsp of water. Cook till it comes to desired consistency.
- Let it cook completely and transfer to an airtight glass container. Store in refrigerator and use as required.
Add this sauce recipe to your list of favourite Mango recipes. Trust me you will love this sauce and is going to be a regular on your table. Kids too will love this sweet and spicy sauce with nuggets, spring rolls or with paranthas. Will soon be posting the my Mango Sauce Sandwiches that my kids love.
Linking this post for my Facebook Group Healthy Wellthy Cuisines where the theme for this fortnight is #MangoTango. Theme was suggested by Geetanjali who blogs at Spoons of flavor. Do check her wonderful blog.
Here is what my fellow bloggers have posted for the #MangoTango Theme.
Aam Pora Sharbat/Bengali Amm Panna by Geetanjali Tung
Mango Phirini by Poonam Bachhav
Mango Spritzer by Seema Doraiswamy Sriram
Two-Ingredient Mango Icecream-Vanitha Bhatt
Give your feedback how you liked and if you have any queries do write to me.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.