Crispy and so flavorful, Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables in Italian flavours(Oven recipe included)
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables is a simple and quick healthy side dish, which you can serve for dinner and use in various other recipes. Vegetables roasted in Italian flavours and minced garlic makes it a flavorful perfect vegetarian side dish to serve at your parties like Thanksgiving Dinner with mains.
About the Recipe
These Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables in Italian seasoning with freshly minced garlic and red chilli flakes for additional heat make it a perfect side dish if you are looking for something healthy and which also pleases your taste buds.
Roasted vegetables are crispy and so flavorful. It is the best way of having a healthy fuss free dinner especially on cold day. Pair it with your favorite bread and soup for a healthy and filling meal.
Why Roasted Vegetables
Roasting is the process where the food is cooked in dry heat either on open flame, oven, grill or other heat source like the clay ovens(tandoors) in India. Roasting helps the food to cook evenly, enhances the flavour as it caramelizes the food.
While roasting food in oven or air fryer you do not have to keep on checking the food. Set the time , stir once in a while and a crisp delicious batch of roasted vegetables/meat is ready for serving.
A must try roasted/grilled veggies recipe with Indian flavors Grilled Vegetables with Creamy Cilantro Dip
Air Fryer Vegetables or Oven Baked Vegetables
You can both Air Fry and bake/roast vegetables in oven. But Air Fryer has more own advantages then the oven. Before I bought my air fry I used to roast veggies in my oven. Oven comes handy when making a big batch. Of course you can do in your Air Fryer in multiple batches too.
Roasting vegetables in Air fryer is so much quicker then in oven. It takes less time then oven.
Amount of oil used in the recipe is much less.
Veggies caramelize more and are more flavorful.
Advantages of having Air Fryer at Home
Investing in an Air Fryer is one of the best decisions that we can make for our kitchen. This kitchen gadget is so handy and there are so many options available nowadays. It can be used for baking, as a substitute to frying (one of the best) and roasting the veggies, snacks.
- Air frying cuts down the amount of oil used for deep frying snacks.
- Deep frying certain food items may produce some cancer causing compounds. Air frying reduces the risk of formation of such compounds.
- No standing over the cooking dish and continuous monitoring.
- Use it to crisp the frozen food instead of deep frying which is more fuss, quick and more health friendly.
Air fryers are handy kitchen gadgets and do not occupy much counter space.
Use your Air Fryer in everyday cooking and you can even bake cakes and muffins as per the capacity of your Air Fryer.
Checkout the various Air Fryer Recipes form the blog here--> AIR FRYER RECIPES Vegetarian and Vegan
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetables
Vegetables- In the recipe here I have used Zucchini, Cauliflower, Red Bell Pepper, Capsicum, Mushrooms, Onion and Carrots. These veggies have almost the same roasting time. If you are adding hard veggies like potatoes, sweet potatoes then roast these first for few mins. then add the softer ones.
You can cook all type of vegetables in air fryer. Root vegetables like Carrots, potatoes, turnips, sweet potato, yam, beets and many more. Soft vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, eggplant, fresh beans can also be easily roasted in air fryer or baked in oven. The time taken is more by root/hard vegetables then the soft ones. Cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, broccoli can also be easily roasted.
Seasoning/Spices- I love using Italian seasoning along with freshly minced garlic and chilli flakes. You can flavour your roasted veggies with your favorite seasoning like Peri Peri, Indian Chaat masala, Taco or Zaatar. You can substitute fresh garlic cloves with garlic powder.
Oil- Olive oil, Avocado Oil or any good vegetable oil like Rice Barn, Corn.
Cook soft veggies or veggies with high water content for less time and on high temperature. It helps the veggies get more crisp and release less water.
How to Roast vegetables in Air Fryer
Steps to make Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
Cut the vegetables in cubes and chunks. Do not cut thin slices. The veggies should have a crunch after roasting. Veggies lose more water when cut veggies in stripes or too thin. Try to cut the almost the pieces of same size.
When using Cauliflower or Broccoli blanch in salt water. This helps in removing/killing any worms if present between the florets, which are not easily visible.
- Mince or coarsely crush garlic.
- Transfer all the cut veggies in a mixing bowl.
- Mix seasoning and garlic in oil and then add to the veggies.
- Coat the pieces nicely in oil and seasoning.
- Arrange veggies in Air Fryer basket.
Preheat Air fryer then Air Fry or Bake at 200C or 400F for 7-8 mins.
Can we make ahead before parties or for weekday meal planning
I love freshly roasted vegetables but you can prepare and store roasted veggies for 2-3 days.
For parties like Thanksgiving family dinner, you can cut and prepare the vegetables a day before and refrigerate in an air tight container. Add seasoning and oil and roast and serve fresh roasted veggies to your guests.
For meal planning, you can make ahead veggies for 3-4 days and use in salads, wraps, add to rice/pulao, pasta.
Can I freeze the Roasted Vegetables
I won't suggest freezing as the vegetables lose the texture the crisp and crunch.
Roasted Vegetables in Oven
Pre-heat oven at 200C or 400F.
Arrange the veggies marinated in oil and seasoning on baking tray.
Bake for 10-12 mins. at 200C or 400F.
Serving Suggestions for Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
Freshly roasted vegetables can be served with your favorite bread and soup.
Add to salads(like pasta salad), White sauce pasta or use in making baked pasta/vegetable au-gratin. You can also use the Italian style roasted vegetables as filling for sandwiches, wraps or tacos.
Roasted vegetables also make great side for your main Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with main meals.
Reheating Roasted Vegetables
Or, you can cook the vegetables cool down completely and store in an air tight container for 2-3 days. Reheat without preheating the Air fryer. In oven reheat at preheat mode at 200C or 400F.
Other roasted Vegetable Recipes in Air Fryer
More recipes with Mixed Vegetables
Shop for Related Products
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 Zucchini Sliced and quatered
- 2 Carrots(medium)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cubed
- 1 Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion(medium)
- Mushrooms as required optional
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- Italian Seasoning as required
- Salt as required
- Red Chilli Flakes as required
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil or any good plant based oil
- Separate the florets of cauliflower.1 Cup Cauliflower florets
- In a pan boil water, add salt and then cauliflower for few seconds. This steps helps in removing worms if any are present.
- Drain cauliflower on a colander, let the excess water drain and then pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut and prepare rest of the vegetables.1 Zucchini, 2 Carrots(medium), 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1 Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper, 1 Red Onion(medium), Mushrooms as required
- Take all the cut vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl add together oil, Italian spice mix, finely chopped or minced garlic( or garlic powder) salt and red chilli flakes.Italian Seasoning as required, Salt as required, Red Chilli Flakes as required, 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil or any good plant based oil, 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- Add to the vegetables and mix nicely coating all the vegetable pieces in oil.
Roasted Vegetables in Air Fryer
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper(optional) or lightly spray it with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C or 400°F.
- Air fryer for 6-7 mins. or till the veggies get a little charred.
Roasted Vegetables in Oven
- Lightly spray or brush oil on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 200°C or 400°F.
- Spread all the cut veggies on baking tray.Bake for 10-12 mins.
- Serve immediately.
Do try Roasted Vegetables this way in Italian seasoning. These are great to serve for your Thanksgiving get together. Add the roasted vegetables to your pasta or pasta salads for a filling hearty meal. The roasted vegetables are not only delicious but are also so healthy.
Whenever you make it do post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the SUBSCRIBE button get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!