Broccoli… how many of you like Broccoli?? Well, I love it.. I like to have it in my pasta, veg korma, simply sautéed in garlic and soy sauce with or without mushrooms or just like that in my salads .. it is nutritious and I love the taste of it.. And do all kids hate broccoli?? Not all I think🤔…But my kids.. huh… they don’t like broccoli at all.. I always say that I am blessed with kids who are not fussy at all… but when it comes to broccoli.. they just don’t want it in their meals😏 and it’s since they were started understanding the food… But me being a MOM 😎 has to find out ways to sneak their least favorite food in their dishes somehow… The MOM quietly sneaks in the broccoli in their paranthas, sandwiches and their favorite quesadillas. So when their least favorite veggie pairs up with their favorite ingredients like cheese or paneer(Indian Cottage Cheese) both of them eat it quietly without complaining. Kids love anything with cheese in it and these Cheesy Quesadillas are perfect for sneaking broccoli in their food. Another broccoli preparation they eat without fussing are Cheesy Broccoli Tater Tots, shall soon update the recipe for the same.
Coming back to these cheesy quesadillas, I use either the store-bought tortillas or homemade chappatis. It takes just a few minutes to gather, prepare and cook the quesadillas. You can even pack these for kids lunchbox, make for evening time snack and can also be served at your parties. Let’s quickly see how I make these easy peasy kid’s favorite quesadillas.
Cheesy Broccoli Quesadillas
- 4 Pieces Tortilla/Chapatis
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped/ Grated Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Chilly Flakes optional
- 1 clove Garlic optional
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Olive Oil or any flavorless oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Pizza sauce or Tomato Ketchup as required
- Butter to spread on the tortillas
- Finely chop or grate broccoli.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, coarsely crushed garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add salt to taste.
- Take out the broccoli and onion mix in a bowl. Let it cool a little. Add crumbled paneer to it, black pepper and chili flakes to it and mix well.
- Take two tortillas, on one side spread little butter, flip it and put spread some pizza sauce or tomato ketchup. Spread the cheese and broccoli paneer mix.
- Cover with the other tortilla. You can spread sauce on the tortilla or cover it just like that. Spread butter on the upper side.
- Make quesadilla in the quesadilla maker or on a grill pan or use your regular griddle to make it.
- Cook on from both the side till the cheese melts and the quesadilla are crunchy from both the sides.
- Cut into four triangles using a pizza cutter and serve with tomato ketchup or sour cream or the dip of your choice.
Do make these easy peasy Cheesy quesadillas.. we enjoyed these for the weekend dinner. I keep weekend dinner easy and simple something different hen the everyday meals. Enjoy these with some soup on the side or a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. You can make and serve to your guests also.. just play around with the fillings.. kids will love these at your potluck parties.
I am taking my Cheesy Broccoli Quesadillas to Blogging Marathon it’s 95th Edition under Kid’s Delight with the theme “Veggies Sneaked in”, I am participating in the marathon for the first time. Blogging Marathon is a group event that will go on for a month and group of bloggers participate in it, in various categories. Started by Srivalli whom I met online and got to know about it from home page. She has two amazing blogs ..http://cooking4allseasons.in and http://spicingyourlife.in. Do check out these too.
You can read about #95 Blogging Marathon in detail and who all are participating in it and the various categories.. here. Looking forward to sharing some good stuff in the group and learning from the other group members.
Whenever you make these don’t forget to give me your feedback and post a pic of on any of my social media pages.. FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. You can also find my recipes on Google+. It will a small token of your appreciation for my work and keeps me motivated to bring good, authentic and new recipes to you.
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share my blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back for more such yummy recipes 😋!!