Last Updated on
Cheesy Paneer Makhani Wonton Cups…A fusion of Cheesy Pizza flavors with Indian Makhani Paneer served in Wonton Cups. Looking for some different party appetizers for your get-togethers and parties? Or a different snack for ‘something different ‘ kind of cravings??. These Cheesy Paneer Makhani wonton cups are perfect bite-sized appetizers for those times.
Wonton cups loaded with a easy Paneer(Indian Cottage Cheese) Makhani filling( quick recipe), with lots of cheese and onions and capsicum for the crunch. Prepare Pizza flavoured Paneer Makhani bites for in under 20 minutes with all the readily available ingredients from your kitchen. All you need to have are Wonton wrappers. Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese used in the recipe can be homemade or store bought. For homemade paneer recipe click here… Homemade Paneer.
Quick Paneer Makhani Filling:
Paneer Makhani is one of the most popular Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese dish prepared in buttery(makhani) tomato gravy. In traditional Paneer Makhani recipe fresh tomatoes are used along with cream. Will next post detailed Paneer Makhani recipe.. For these wonton cups I used my shortcut recipe for Paneer Makhani. This recipe is a saver for those times when I don’t have enough tomatoes in my refrigerator or need to shorten the cooking time when some unexpected guests arrive on short notice!! Use this filling in sandwiches, roll into rotis/tortillas or you can even have these with fresh hot chapatis and naan.
How to use Wonton Wrappers…
Wonton wrappers are used mainly for making egg rolls, different types of wontons. I have used store-bought wonton wrappers in the recipe. You can make these wrappers at home also, but store bought wrappers come handy for making appetizers or snacks.
How to prepare Wonton Cups..
I use muffin pan to bake wonton cups.. Arrange Wonton wrappers in muffins cups, brush with little oil and bake till crisp. Fill with any filling of your choice.Experiment with various fillings like cream cheese, salads or fruits and icecreams.
Let’s see how I made this quick and easy Paneer Makhani filling and Wonton Cups…
Cheesy Paneer Makhani Wonton Cups
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Cup Paneer(cut into small paneer pieces)
- 2-3 tbsp Pasta Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Bell Peppers(i used green one)
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped Onions
- 1 Garlic clove(optional) or 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp Seasoning for the sauce more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1/4 tsp Sugar/any sweetner
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese(Mozzarella+Pepper Jack) or use any of your choice
Make Wonton Wrappers
- Preheat the oven at 325F or 160C.
- Brush the muffin tray with oil. Arrange wrappers in the muffin cavities and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
Paneer Makhani Filling..
- Heat butter in pan, add crushed garlic(optional), pasta sauce and cook for a minute. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, kasuri methi and mix nicely. Add a tsp of water and mix.
- Add cream and sugar and cook for a minute.
- Add paneer pieces and mix well in the sauce. Take care the sauce should not be too watery. We want semi-dry paneer filling.
- Let the filling cool after that add chopped capsicum and onions., cheese and seasoning. Add salt as required.
- Add the filling to the cooled wonton cups. Top it with some more cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Baking Wonton Cups:
Make Paneer Filling and Cheesy Paneer Cups
Notes on how to get perfectly baked Wonton Cups..
- Check your oven temperature and baking time. These paper thin wrapper can burn too fast.
- If these remain raw after from the side the bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Filling used should not be watery or have the ingredients that leave water on baking.
- Do not add warm or hot filling these can turn soggy.
Can we Make ahead Wonton Cups
Yes we can make ahead these cups and store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days in advance. Bake the raw wrappers for 5 minutes cool and store. When ready to use, add fillings of your choice and bake again for few minutes as per the recipe, if the recipe required baking the filled cups.
I baked these wonton cups with my younger one who enjoys giving me company when I cook or bake (something different!! as per him)!!
Do try these wonton cups with cheesey paneer filling and trust me, these will disappear from the plate as soon as these are out of the oven!! Everyone is going to love these..
These are perfect make ahead snack for your parties, kids get-togethers, game night or movie night.
Linking to #97Blogging Marathon for Week 4 Day 3 post .. theme.. Fusion at it’s Best
Whenever you try these , do post a picture of the dish. I will love to see the pics on any of my social media pages..FB or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25) . You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails .. follow the blog and my social media accounts. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!