Eggless Semolina and Coconut Tea Cake Recipe with Orange flavour | Rava Coconut Cake Recipe | Orange flavoured Sooji and Coconut Cake recipe without eggs
Light moist and soft Semolina Sooji Cake recipe with coconut and flavoured with fresh orange zest without any eggs.
This is the basic recipe for Sooji cake which you can have as light snack, pack in kids lunchbox or serve at your high tea parties.
Semolina Coconut cake is bursting with fresh orange flavours,with crunch from almonds and a bit of tangy sweetness from dried cranberries.
There are more reasons to bake this cake as this..
- has No Maida(All Purpose flour) that has no nutritional value,
- sweetened with raw sugar,
- has nutty coconut and light semolina
More than my kids hubby loves this cake as he is fond of fruity flavours. this cake disappears as soon as I serve it once the cake cools down.
If you like baking, you will like to checkout more cake and muffins recipes from the blog, here–>Cakes and Muffins
Tagging this family favourite cake to my Foodie Monday Bloghop facebook group, where the theme is FAMILY FAVOURITE.This wonderful theme was suggested by Priya Vj who blogs at Sweet Spicy Tangy. She made this Potato Capsicum Sambhar which sounds so delicious that I have bookmarked to try it. Her another recipe that is my favourite is Medu Vada Platter
Pointers to make Perfect Moist Soft Rava/Semolina Coconut Cake
Measure your ingredients as per the recipe.
I have used 3 cup Bundt pan, the batter can be baked in 6″ round cake tin also.
Prefer using an oven thermometer, to keep the oven temperature in check. It should be 350ºF or 180ºC.
Check for the doneness of cake, use a toothpick. If the batter comes out clean and cake leaves the side of the pan it is done.
Incase the top starts to get brown and the cake is undone from center, cover the cake pan with an aluminum foil and bake.
Ingredients to make Semolina Coconut Cake with Orange flavour
Rava/Sooji/Semolina– Take fine Semolina , if it is coarse you won’t get the texture. Finely grind coarse sooji in a grinder.
Coconut– I have used Dessicated coconut, you can also add finely grated fresh coconut.
Raw Sugar- Any raw sugar is my preferred choice for making desserts. You can also use castor sugar if you want…
Fresh Orange Zest and Orange Juice- For fresh orange flavour. You can also add orange essence but zest from fresh oranges adds a wonderful citrusy aroma to cakes.
Recipes with Coconut(Fresh/Dessicated, Milk, Flour )- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Cake (with Coconut Flour), Coconut Ladoo, Coconut Paan Ladoos, Pineapple Upside Down Cake,Coconut Chutney, Vegan Thai Red Curry
Detailed Recipe and Method in Recipe card and attached Video
Semolina Coconut Tea Cake /Sooji(Rava)Coconut Cake
- 1 Cup Semolina/Sooji
- ½ Cup Dessicated Coconut
- ¼ cup Milk Powder
- ½ Cup Raw Cane Sugar
- ¾ Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Fresh Orange Zest from two medium sized oranges
- 60 ml Fresh Orange Juice or ¼ cup
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Oil/Ghee
- 60 ml Milk
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Finely chopped Almonds
- In a bowl mix semolina with milk , 2 tbsp of yogurt and keep aside for about 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C for 15 mins.
- In a bowl, add sugar and orange zest and rub zest into fine sugar granules.
- Add oil and mix, till sugar mixes well.
- Add rest of the yogurt and mix well.
- Mix together milk powder, dessicated coconut , baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add soaked semolina to yogurt and sugar mix. Also add milk powder and coconut mix.
- Add orange juice. You can also add milk in place of juice.
- Add dusted finely chopped almonds and cranberries.
- Mix everything together and fold nicely. Batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Transfer the batter to lightly oiled cake tin or lined with parchment paper. I used small 3 Cup bundt pan. You can use 6" cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 mins.
- Once the cake starts to leave the sides of cake pan, do the toothpick test. If it comes out clean or with 1-2 cake crumbs, cake is done.
- If the top starts to brown and there is sticky batter on the tooth pick, cover cake tin with aluminium foil and bake for another 10 mins.
- Once done, take out from the oven, let it stand for about 5 mins, then gently take out and cool on the wire rack.
- Cut into pieces once the cake completely cools down.
Do make this delicious soft and moist Semolina Coconut Tea cake. I am sure you and your family and loved ones will love it as much as me and my family loves it.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!