Quick and easy Creamy Avocado Toast recipe | Learn how to make Avocado Toast with variations
It is not only delicious but also healthy light and filling breakfast or snack option. The recipe is so versatile, you can customize in endless ways, you want as per your liking.
The healthy Avocado Open Sandwich recipe is Vegan friendly and can be made Gluten-free(with Gluten-free bread). Sprinkle your favorite seasoning and you have the yummiest meal ready within minutes.
Checkout the quick YouTube shorts for the process in the Recipe card
- About the Recipe
- Benefits of Avocado
- Ingredients to make Basic Avocado Toast
- How to make the best Avocado Toast
- Variations for Avocado Toast
- Can we make Avocado toast in advance
- Recipes with Avocado from the blog
- More Breakfast Recipes from the blog
- Recipe Card
- Avocado Toast
About the Recipe
Basic Avocado Toast is an effortless breakfast and made with handful of ingredients. It is a kind of open sandwich you can make in jiffy for breakfast or any time snacking. A almost No Cook Recipe which even your kids can make easily.
For the basic toast, toasted bread is loaded with healthy saturated fats, your favourite seasoning of pepper and chilli flakes.
It is one of the quickest breakfast option when rushing for work or college. My daughter makes it all the time when she is in hurry to attend her morning classes. For me this is something that I relish especially on days when I want to keep my breakfast or even lunch light but filling.
Now my 12 yr. old also likes it. He loves his easy Avocado toast with eggs.
If you haven't tried this avocado toast for breakfast recipe then here is the right time to try out it, and take my word, you are going to get hooked to this super easy and simple recipe!!
Benefits of Avocado
We all know the health benefits of avocado, just a quick recap here. Avocado is known as one of the super food. It is loaded with healthy saturated fats, antioxidants, anti inflammatory compounds and fibre. It is an excellent source of minerals and vitamins. Eating avocado may help in overall diet quality.
Adding your favourite toppings will not only make it more appealing but also add nutrition to it.
Ingredients to make Basic Avocado Toast
Avocado-Choose a very good quality Avocado. Choose a ripe avocado but not overripe. You should gently be able to squeeze it. Discard the black spots on it.
Bread- The best bread for avocado toast is a crusty bread. It gives a thick base for the creamy avocado( and also with different toppings). You can use a good whole wheat/multigrain sourdough bread, ciabatta or rye bread. You can also use a good sandwich bread but then the toast should be immediately consumed as the bread may become soggy.
Flavour Enhancers- Lemon juice, freshly ground Black Pepper, Red Chilli Flakes.
How to make the best Avocado Toast
Toast the bread nicely. You can toast bread on griddle (stove top), in oven or Air fryer.
Slice the avocado or mash it. See Recipe Card for How to cut and slice avocado.
Drizzle(sliced) or mix it with lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, spread on the toasted bread and sprinkle chilli flakes and other seasonings with fresh herbs.
For Smashed Avocado Toast-Spread the mashed avocado on toasted bread along with other toppings(when using). Sprinkle seasoning and fresh herbs as required.
Variations for Avocado Toast
Creamy Cilantro Avocado Spread/Dip
It's my personal favourite variation this toast is this creamy avocado spread. To make this we grind together cilantro and avocado to a smooth paste along with garlic, ginger and green chillies.
Avocado Toast varieties
- Spread the mashed avocado, top it with cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion and fresh herbs.
- For Mediterranean Avocado Sandwich or Toast, add feta cheese with toppings.You can also add boiled chickpeas.
- For Middle Eastern Style Avocado Toast, sprinkle Sumac or Za'atar with toppings and chickpeas.
- For Mexican Avocado Open Sandwich or Toast, add black beans or refried beans, sweet corn kernels, along with chopped tomatoes, onions or pico de gallo.
- You can also add any protein of choice like boiled or poached egg, grilled tofu, paneer or any meat to make it more filling.
- You can also add the Indian Green Chutney(Mint and Cilantro Chutney) or drizzle some Chilli oil for flavour variation.
- Various Seasonings for the toast- Everything Bagel, Peri Peri, Indian Chaat Masala or simply dried mint along with black pepper powder.
To make the Cafe Gitane NYC style Avocado toast(read here), drizzle some extra virgin olive oil with lemon and sprinkle red chilli flakes. It is almost same as the basic toast (without olive oil) recipe. As per wiki the trend started from this cafe and later many copycats come out.
Can we make Avocado toast in advance
This toast is best enjoyed when made fresh. It hardly takes any time to You can refrigerate the leftovers in a ziplock bag or an air tight container and finish at the most within 24 hrs.
I will not suggest to freeze it.
Recipes with Avocado from the blog
More Breakfast Recipes from the blog
Apple Pancakes, Double Berry Breakfast muffins, Watermelon and Berry Smoothie, Chia Seeds Pudding, Tropical Smoothie Bowl, Eggless Cinnamon Rolls, Power Packed homemade Granola Bars, Carrot and Cucumber Mini Sandwich Bites , Cracked Wheat Porridge
- Air Fryer/Oven/Toaster/griddle to toast bread
- Mixing Bowl
- Masher or Fork to mash avocado
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Bread Slices any crusty bread
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black Pepper as required
- Red Chilli Flakes as required
- Salt as required
- Toast the bread slices. I did it in my Air fryer you can use toaster/Otg/Oven or griddle.2 Bread Slices
- Add the slices in air fryer basket and air fry for 7-8 mins at 200C or 400F , turning the bread midway.
- Cut Avocado lengthwise in half.1 Ripe Avocado
- Pit it and using a spoon, scoop out the avocado.
- Take in a bowl and mash it. You can make it smooth or keep it chunky.
- Add lemon juice black pepper and salt as per taste. You may sprinkle salt over the toast also.Juice of 1 lemon, Black Pepper, Salt as required
- Spread mashed avocado on toasted bread.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes or or any other seasoning you want.Red Chilli Flakes
- Add toppings as per your preference.
To make Sliced Avocado toast
- Pit and scoop avocado.
- Cut it lengthwise in slices. Arrange on toasted bread, drizzle lemon juice and add seasoning.
Do try this healthy and delicious breakfast option with Avocado or make it for any time snacking. You and your family will surely love this.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!