Eggless Brownie Recipe | Learn how to make Eggless Brownies without using any eggs
Here is another brownie recipe from the blog, for those who want to bake without eggs. These are not dairy-free as I have used yogurt as egg replacer. Haven’t tried yet these with plant based yogurt, so can’t comment on the Vegan Version.
It’s a perfect fudgy and flaky Brownie recipe without eggs, so easy and quick, with an addictive intense flavour. The recipe is especially for those who avoid eggs in diet, are allergic to eggs..
Baking with eggs is so easy, eggs do wonders to baked goodies. But when it comes to baking without eggs, though there are lot egg replacers available, it many times it gives us sleepless nights especially when it is about the bakes and desserts that need egg as an essential ingredient.
When I started my Home Baking Business, a lot of clients preferred eggless bakes. For the ones who liked fudgy eggless brownies, this recipe worked the best.
Yoghurt/Curd is used as egg- replacer and gives a moist brownie with a crust. Yoghurt or curd is one of the best egg replacers and readily available that I use it in most of my eggless bakes like cakes and cookies. It also does wonders for your bread where you don’t want to use yeast (No Yeast Bread). There are other eggless Brownie recipes also that give you good results, using condensed milk and another with Aquafaba (leftover liquid of cooked beans and legumes like chickpeas). That is an excellent egg replacer that is gaining popularity. Still have to do the Aquafaba Brownie post..
Ingredients for Eggless Brownies
Flour– Whole Wheat flour is a more nutritious choice as compared to all purpose flour. You can use either or a mix of both. Whole Flour Brownies are more dense. You add 2 tbsp of Cornstarch/Cornflour to add light airy texture.
Unsweetened Baking Chocolate/Chips- If you are not able to get baking chocolate, you can use any good quality chocolate like Cadbury or Amul.
Butter– I like to make brownies with butter. You can substitute half the amount of butter with olive oil. If using unsalted butter add ¼ tsp of salt.
Sweetener– I use raw cane sugar or jaggery in baking. You can use castor sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar also. Always prefer using raw sugar in baking due to the obvious health reasons. There are many good options available in market these days.
Other– Vanilla Essence, more Chocolate chips/chopped chocolate or nuts to add in batter.
Updated the recipe ingredient with healthy and nutritious options..
Few pointers that will help you to get a perfect brownie.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Melt Chocolate and butter on double boiler, as microwaving can overheat the butter, and at times in the final bake oil separates.
- Use thick yoghurt or hung curd, don’t use very sour curd.
- Do not overbeat the batter just mix everything with light hands. Batter should ribbon like consistency.
- When warm these are difficult to handle (too soft), once completely cool, cut into pieces. If you feel these are still too soft, leave for another 10-15 minutes, these will set. Or, keep for a couple of hrs and the cut.
- If at first attempt you are not able to get a perfect bake, look for the reasons, maybe like oven temperature, proper greasing of the pan, pan size.
- Cover the pan with foil if the centre is undone and the top and sides are baked.
Stepwise pics for how to make Eggless Brownies
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour or All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Baking Chocolate/Chips 175 gm
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ¾ Cup Thick Yoghurt / Curd
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Raw Cane Sugar or castor sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cornflour/Cornstarch optional
- Preheat oven at 350°F /180°C.
- Sieve together flour and cocoa powder. Add salt if using unsalted butter. Also, add baking powder if using.
- Melt together butter and chocolate. Keep aside to cool.
- Once the chocolate-butter mixture cools completely, mix in sugar and add yoghurt. Don't overbeat the mixture.
- Fold in flour and lightly dusted nuts.Transfer to a pan and spread the batter evenly for a uniform bake.
- You can top the batter with more chopped nuts or choco-chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F or 180°C, in a preheated oven, till the batter leaves the sides of the pan. I baked in an 8X8 square pan.
- Once done check for the doneness of the brownies, by slightly shaking the pan, if it has wiggly batter in the middle, bake for another 5-10 minutes, and cover with a foil if the seems baked with a crust.
- For pointers on checking the doneness of the brownies please see Classic Brownies recipe.
- Once done, let it cool completely. Cut into desired pieces and enjoy your treat!!
Have it with a cup of coffee, hot chocolate or even a glass of milk. For a gourmet treat, top the warm brownie with vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot chocolate sauce and some more nuts!!
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!