Last Updated on
Sweet and tangy, bright red homemade Raspberry Jam, free from preservatives, can be used on toasts, sandwich cookies and cakes. It requires only two ingredients fresh Raspberries and sugar and a few minutes of cooking. Fresh or frozen raspberries can be used to make this jam. Use very ripe raspberries which are richer in flavor. The jam can be canned in sterilized jars and stored for a couple of weeks. Raspberries are rich in pectin and incredibly nutrient dense food. They are power-packed with phytonutrients, fiber and antioxidants (including a ton of vitamin C), and they are anti-microbial and anti-carcinogenic.
Let’s make this delicious Raspberry Jam.
Homemade Raspberry Jam
- 2 Cups Raspberries Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Wash and pat dry fresh Raspberries
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add raspberries and cook on medium flame.
- When the raspberries come to a full boil add sugar and mash the berries with a masher.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Cook jam till it gets thick. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Once the jam cools down, transfer to a sterilized jar and refrigerate.
- Sieve the jam if you don't want the seeds in it. Sieve the jam when it is still warm, as it thickens it takes time to sieve. We don't like too much of seeds in jam so I sieve only half of the jam.
- We don't like very sweet desserts, jams and chutneys so 1 cup sugar for 2 cups raspberry is good for us. You can add less or more amount as per your taste.
Use this fresh homemade jam for cookies, cakes, and muffins. Kids love these with toasts or paranthas. Recently I used these as filling for my Siptzbuben cookies. For the recipe of cookies click here.
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share my blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back for more such yummy recipes 😋!!