Here are beautifully wrapped in sugar and sprinkles, soo chocolatey cookies. Called Crinkle Cookies as these crack up while baking due to the coat of icing sugar. These cookies are moist and fudgy from inside and little crispy from outside. Can anything be better for all chocolate cookie lovers like a chocolatey plate of cookies!! How can something that is so easy and quick to make and so deliciously delicious??!!! Well.. make it yourself and see :)!!
Way back when I was searching for Crinkle Cookie recipe most of the recipes had egg and the ones without eggs didn’t come out quite well as per the texture. Due to a lot of client requests for eggless bakes I always searched and tested for eggless recipes for cookies and cakes. Egg is important in most of the baked stuff to give moisture and bind the cookie dough, and if you don’t add eggs to a recipe that calls for eggs, the result is a dense cookie. Many egg replacers like yogurt, fruit purees, flax seeds….are known to us and used mostly in eggless baking as per individual’s choice. But for cookies, flax seeds and fruit purees can affect the texture and taste. For egg-free cookies, I mostly use cornflour, yogurt and milk. For these crinkle cookies, I have used a mixture of yogurt and olive oil and baking powder helps the cookie to spread a little and thus giving cracks and it gave the desired results.
Let’s bake these delicious chocolaty cookies which are going to be a hit among you and your loved ones.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soft Butter
- 2 tbsp Yogurt for making egg-replacer
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for making egg-replacer
- 1 tsp Baking Powder for making egg-replacer
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar for rolling cookies
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or 180 °C, line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sieve together flour and cocoa powder.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix together yogurt, olive oil and baking powder to make egg substitute.
- Add in egg substitute mixture and beat on medium speed until just mixed. Add in vanilla essence and mix.
- Slowly and gradually add in flour and cocoa mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough to a minimum of 1 hr. This makes the sugar soak up the moisture/liquid, concentrates the flavor and the fat in the chilled cookie dough takes longer to melt and thus prevents more of cookie spread.
- If making immediately, shape the dough into small tennis ball size balls (use an ice cream scooper), chill the balls in the baking tray covered with cling film for around 30 mins.
- Once chilled, coat in icing sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 mins.
- Once baked take out of the oven and cool for 2-3 on the tray and then transfer to the cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool completely then transfer to an airtight container. These are best to be had within 5 days of baking.
- If using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt while sieving flour and cocoa.
- If you want to make these cookies with eggs add 2 eggs after creaming butter and sugar, one at a time and beat until just mixed.
- Chill the cookie balls before baking and coat in sugar and sprinkles just before putting in the oven for baking.
- Cookie dough can be refrigerated or freezed for a month.
I rolled half of the cookies in icing sugar and half in sprinkles. Don’t these make a perfect gift for your loved ones for any festive occasion? I had fun making these cookies with my little one, he loves to add sprinkles or filling to cookies or mixing the dough and batter with me..we had fun rolling cookies in icing sugar and sprinkles. Christmas holidays are soon starting so get ready to bake some yumm cookies and cakes.
Taking these chocolatey crinkles to Bake-A-Thon where a group of wonderful bloggers bake and share their goodies. Do check more about Bake-A-Thon here.
Sharing with Hearth and Soul Link party.
Whenever you make these Chocolatey Crinkles, don’t forget to give me your feedback and post a pic of on any of my social media pages.. FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. You can also find my recipes on Google+. It will a small token of your appreciation for my work and keeps me motivated to bring good, authentic and new recipes to you.
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share my blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back for more such yummy recipes 😋!!