Last Updated on
Who doesn’t like Choco Chip Cookie??!! Enjoyed by all age groups dunk it in milk or have it just like that!! At my place, a freshly baked batch(small batch) of cookie finishes off in no time. All of them just love cookies.
Chocolate Chip cookies can be a personal choice based on different textures, some like it as chewy, some like it crunchy!! My kiddos like it chewy and I and my hubby like it crunchy!! This recipe gives me the perfect cookie that everyone in my family loves. It is crispy on outside and chewy on the inside. If you want it more crunchy just bake it 5 mins more and there you have the crunchy ones.
There are variations that one can play around with the recipe with other types of chocolate and additional ingredients such as dried fruits, nuts or almond meal and oatmeal(will soon be posting varied recipes).
It’s a child play to make the dough!! Cookie making can be fun when you have kids around. So get all your ingredients and engage your kids and have fun making these!!! Assemble all the ingredients, mix up, chill the dough and it’s ready to go in the oven. My younger one loves to help me whenever I make cookies. He loves mixing the dough cutting dough with cookie cutters or making small balls of dough for baking.
Let’s get to make and bake the perfect Eggless ChocoChip cookie. For this, we need room temperature butter, brown sugar and castor sugar, choco chips, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence.
Timelines–Preparation Time:10 min Chilling Time: minimum 30 min; Baking Time: 12-15 mins
Mix together flour and baking powder and keep aside.
In a mixing bowl beat together butter and both the sugars with vanilla essence till smooth and creamy. Keep scraping the batter from sides of the bowl.
Fold in flour with light hands. Add milk little by little if the dough is very light. The milk added should just be enough to get together the dough. Take care while adding milk. Add one tbsp at a time.
Once the dough mixes well, cover the bowl with cling film and chill the dough for a minimum of 30 mins.
Once chilled take dough from refrigerator, scoop out small balls and line on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake in for 12-15mins in a pre-heated oven at 375°F or 190°C.
Once the edges, start turning brown, take out of the oven and after 2 min, transfer to cooling rack.
Once completely cool, transfer to a cookie jar or an air-tight container.
Few tips on how to bake a perfect Cookie:
Measure all the ingredients accurately.
Butter should be at room temperature. It should neither be too soft nor too firm.
- Chilling cookie dough helps to firm up the dough. So chill your dough well.
- Use a spring-loaded ice-cream scooper for evenly sized dough to spoon out the dough, before baking.
- Bake the cookies till they are just turning golden brown at the edges. After taking out of oven leave cookies on the tray for 2 min then transfer to cooling rack as cookies will continue to bake on hot baking tray and will get too hard.
- Assemble all your ingredients before making the dough, line the baking trays with parchment paper. Pre-heat your oven to 375°C.
- If using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt to the flour. For this recipe, I used salted butter.
Eggless Choco-Chip Cookie
- All-Purpose Flour- 120gms/1Cup
- Butter- 50gms/1/4 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 40gms/ 1/4 Cup(slightly less than 1/4 cup mark)
- Castor Sugar – 40gms/ 1/4 Cup
- Baking Soda- 1 Tsp
- Chocolate Chips- 100 gms /2/3 Cups
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1 Tbsp
- Mix flour and baking soda and keep aside.
- Beat butter and both the sugars and vanilla essence in mixing bowl, till light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour and choco chips until thoroughly combined. Add milk slowly and gradually to get the right consistency of dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for an hour to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scope out the dough with ice-cream scooper(preferred) or spoon on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 min at 375°F or 190°C.
- Once the cookies start turning golden brown from edges, take out of the oven, cool for 2 mins in the tray and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies cool down completely store in a cookie jar or an air-tight container.
- Enjoy fresh oven-baked cookies!!
Bake some fresh cookies and I am sure you are going to love my way of making these.
Give feedback in your comments and follow the blog for more yummy recipes.
Thanks for stopping by!!