Last Updated on
Delicious Vanilla flavored Hazelnut Cookies
Enjoy these Hazelnut Cookies with Whole Wheat flour with your favorite coffee/tea or kid’s favorite shake.
Kids love cookies and I always keep a batch of homemade cookies ready at home, as I avoid the store bought ones.These days I have started using minimum of Maida or All Purpose flour as it has no nutrient value. Though many bakes require all purpose for good texture, but these days lot of people are shifting towards healthy bakes with Whole Wheat Flour and gluten-free flours like Almond flour, Coconut Flour, Finger Millet flour(Ragi).
In pics serving it with my kid’s favorite Nutella and Banana Milkshake.
Some kids favorite Cookies(Eggless) from recipes from the blog.. Choco-Chip Cookies, Almond and Coconut Cookies , Spiztbuben Cookies and Nan Khatai and Coconut Macaroons(Vegan+Gluten-free) and Chocolate Crinkles Cookies.
These cookies are loaded with goodness crunchy of Hazelnuts. Dipped in melted chocolate these are a perfect treat for kids’s anytime snacking.
In place of Hazelnuts you can add finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios also.
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Toasted Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Chop hazelnuts in food processor in pulses. You can also chop with knife.
- Cream butter, coconut sugar and vanilla essence together till light and fluffy.
- Fold in Whole Wheat Flour and half of hazelnuts.
- The batter will be slight sticky
- Transfer the dough to a working mat. Add rest of the hazelnuts and roll the dough in hazelnuts and form a cylindrical log.
- Make the log and roll into butter paper or cling film. Keep in refrigerator, for 1-2 hrs.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 150°C or 325°F.
- Cut and slice the dough log in 6-8 mm slices.
- You can keep the cookies in refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 mins for 150°C or 325°F.
- Once baked take out of the oven.Leave these on the counter to cool completely,as freshly baked are very soft and can break. Transfer with the help of a spatula.
- For more crispy cookies you can leave cookies in oven for an extra 5 minutes.
Do try these Hazelnut Cookies. If you want soft,chewy texture bake for 10-12 minutes. If you like it crunchy like us, bake for the time given in recipe.
Dip in melted chocolate for some fun. Serve it kids parties and you can even pack in beautiful cookies boxes and gift to your friends and loved ones.
Linking these Hazelnut Cookies to my Facebook Group A-Z Recipe Challenge, where all the participating members are sharing dishes that has one of the main ingredient that starts with the letter of the month.This month the letter is H.
Do let me know how you and your loved ones liked the recipe. I will also love see your feedback whenever you make these.
I will be happy if you share the pics on my FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. A small appreciation from your side for my work!!
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back.