I am big fan of fresh strawberries and kiwis.. Believe me I can eat these refreshing healthy berries anytime of the day. I love how strawberries can pair up with any cream based or chocolate based dessert. In summers all I need is a bowl of fresh fruits with some yogurt or smoothies and I am all set for the day. Fruits are the rich sources of antioxidants, minerals, potassium and phytochemicals. Try including citrus fruits, berries in your diet these are rich sources of phytochemicals(compounds found in fruits and veggies that protect against cancer and other diseases.. The best time to have fruits is after breakfast or mid morning or in between the meals.My kids too love mixed berry bowls sometimes topped with whipped cream or ice-creams. Fruit custard is their and hubby’s another favourite. I love a bowl of mixed fruits with Chaat Masala(Indian Spice blend for snacks and dips) and drizzle of lemon juice. I also try to pack one or the other fruits like grapes, oranges and strawberries in kids lunch box for snacks, in rotation to other healthy snack items.
So here I am with this easiest and my yummiest recipe .. Fresh Strawberry Salad with Orange Dressing..This orange dressing is one of my favourite and I make it sometimes when serving fruits or salads to guests.The best part of the recipe is that you can include any fruit of your choice like pineapple, mango etc..(but do include strawberries and kiwis) and don’t forget to add fresh cilantro and mint leaves which give a fresh punch to the salad. The dressing can be stored for 3-4 days in refrigerator and can also be used on veggie salads.
I am linking my Fresh Strawberry Salad with Orange Dressing with #96Blogging Marathon for Day 3 Week 4, for the theme Elevenses. My earlier posts for the same were Chana Murmura and Dates and Fig Rice Krispy Treats.
So let’s see how I make this simple fruit salad with orange dressing.
Strawberry Salad with Orange Dressing
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1-2 Kiwis
- 1 Apple
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Walnuts as per choice
- Cilantro Leaves(Finely Chopped)
For Orange Dressing
- 1 Cup Orange Juice(Fresh/Store-bought)
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard optional(see notes)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder freshly ground
- 1/2 tbsp Honey/Maple Syrup can use sugar also
- Pinch of Black Salt or table salt
For Orange Dressing
- In a bowl take Orange juice, add Balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, black pepper powder, honey and mix well and keep aside or refrigerate.
For Making Salad
- Wash nicely fruits and cilantro leaves.
- Peel Kiwis and cube as per the required size.
- Cube strawberries and apples also. Finely chop cilantro leaves.
- Mix all the fruits and cilantro leaves add dressing and mix well. Add some walnuts/ pumpkin seeds or nuts of your choice for the crunch.
If you a low on fruits, then do include fruits in your diet. Fruits help to detox the body, build immunity against infections and colds and refreshes the body.
Do try these energy bars and give your feedback on it. I will love to see the pics on any of my social media pages..FB or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25) whenever your try. You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.