One Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta recipe | Instant Pot recipe for Spinach Pasta
Stepwise Video Link.. CLICK HERE
One Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta, delicious and nutritious meal with the goodness of fresh spinach and homemade béchamel sauce. A 4 ingredient meal ,cooked in Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker this one pot meal is surely going to be your next favourite pasta recipe.
One Pot Creamy Spinach pasta is a good way to include spinach in your or kids’ meal and for those who don’t like to have spinach as vegetables. My kids eat most of the things without making any fuss leave out Broccoli.. don’t know why but till now both of them don’t the taste of it. Spinach is something they both are okay with it. Be it there favourite Palak Paneer or even this Kale and Spinach Curry with Koftas. But you if you want sneak in Spinach in your kids diet then this creamy Pasta with fresh greens is the best way to start.
Spinach-Nutritious Leafy Greens
Spinach needs no introduction here.. One of the healthiest greens and widely availabe. Rich source of iron and calcium along with fibers, it can be sneaked in sneaked as it has no after taste. I like to make curries Lehsuni Dal Palak, add puree in Pulao, tortillas, cutlets and many more
You will to checkout some Wholesome Recipes with Palak/Spinach
One Pot Meals
We all especially moms and busy professional love one pot nutritious meals that can be made in jiffy . This Instant Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta, is quick easy, requires only one pot(inner pot of Instant Pot) to cook.
I have so many One Meal Recipes on the blog, that I usually opt for my kid’s school lunchboxes or busy evening or just like that when I am not willing to cook elaborate meals. Such meals are full in nutrition and in taste too, and even kids love to have something all together in one plate/dish. Easy for them to finish too.
Some of the One Pot Meals in Instant from my blog..
One Pot Meal is the theme for this fortnight in our Healthy Welthy Cuisine group, suggested by Shalu who blogs at Sunny Family Kitchen. I love her blog for the traditional Indian recipes that she displays in a very aesthetic way.. I want to try her recent Mango curry recipe that sound so rich in flavor.
Shalu suggested that we make One Pot dishes, that are easy quick and simple. I am linking my Instant Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta for the theme.
Do checkout what the other members from the group cooked up for theme.
Pudina Pulao by Jayashree
Mixed Vegetable Khichdi(One Pot) by Preethi
Baby Potato Pulao by Sasmita
Matar Paneer by Shalu
Easy Pulao or One Pot Rice by Sujata
Pressure Cooker Pulao by Vanitha
Kids love pasta and why not make it more nutritious and wholesome without changing the flavor of their favourite creamy pasta. Checkout this Penne Pasta in Marinara Sauce
Let’s make One Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta
Checkout detail method in Recipe Card and Video
Any Pasta of Choice like Penne, Rotini, Farfalle or Spaghetti.
Fresh Spinach(pureed/finely chopped).
Creamy White Pasta Sauce/Alfredo Sauce/Béchamel Sauce. In case you don’t have any of these, you can add same amount of fresh cream(Amul Cream or Heavy whipping Cream), with grated cheese/parmesan cheese.
Finely Chopped or minced Garlic, Onions . For no garlic no onion recipe, you can skip garlic and onion.
Italian Seasoning or Mix of dried herbs like Basil, Oregano, Thyme use any whatever is availabe.
Black Pepper or Red Chilli flakes.
If you are cooking pasta for the first time in Instant Pot, cook time for pasta is just the half the time of the cook time .given on the box instructions.
So if the Pasta Cook Time is 10 mins. set the Pressure Cooker timer to 5 mins. Do the Quick Release Pressure. This cooks Pasta to Al-Dante. If you want to softer pasta, set Timer to 6 mins.
I have used Rotini Pasta, with cooking Time 7 mins. So, Instant Pot Cooking Time for this is 4 mins.. Many people keep 1 min. less than the half of actual pasta cooking time. But, 4 mins for soft pasta that my kids like to have.
If adding other veggies, I sauté those first and then take out, cook pasta and then adds with pasta. This keeps veggies like Bell Peppers Crunchy.
For every 1 Cup of Pasta add about the same amount of water. So if you are cooking 2 cups of pasta then add 2 Cups water.
Can I cook One Pot Pasta in Indian Pressure Cooker
No worries if you don;t have an Instant Pot. One Pot Creamy Pasta can still be prepared in your Indian Style Pressure Cooker.
Checkout Recipe card for details
For detailed method checkout the recipe card and video
Recipe Card and Video for One Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- 2 Cup Pasta any of your Choice
- 1 Cup Spinach Pureed / Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Creamy White Sauce(Alfredo/Béchamel
- 2-3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Red Chilli Flakes as required
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetables like mixed bell peppers/corn as required
- Switch in the Instant Pot On, to SAUTE MODE for 5 mins.
- Once the display shows HOT, add oil to it.
- Then add finely chopped onions, minced garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- If adding veggies, add now and sauté lightly. Take out before adding spinach puree. I added corn, and cooked along with pasta.
- Add pureed spinach. I had spinach puree, so I used that. You can add fresh finely chopped spinach sauté for about 1 one minute.
- Add sweet corns(optional) and then add pasta.
- Add pasta and then add water. Since I added spinach puree, I added 1¾Cup, ¼ Cup less water. For 2 Cups pasta you can add 2 cups water when adding finely chopped spinach.
- Cancel the SAUTE MODE, put on the lid and Switch on the PRESSURE COOK MODE. Set the Timer to 4 Mins. Check the time for cooking on pasta box and set accordingly .
- I have used Rotini Pasta, with cooking Time 7 mins. So, Instant Pot Cooking Time for this is 4 mins.. Many people keep 1 min. less than the half of actual pasta cooking time. But for me, 4 mins gives us soft pasta that my kids like to have.
- Once time is done, do the Quick Release of Pressure. Open the lid.
- Add cream, black pepper powder, Italian herbs and grated cheese.
- Mix everything lightly.
- Serve hot.
Indian Pressure Cooker Method
- Follow the steps till adding pasta and water, then cook for 2 whistles.
- Release pressure immediately and check pasta.
- Add Cream cream, seasoning and mix well, sprinkle cheese before serving, and serve hot with garlic toast!!
Do make this Creamy Spinach Pasta in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, the quick way. Delicious, nutritious and comforting one pot meal.
Whenever you make this bread do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!