Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms is an easy and quick side dish for Mushroom lovers. The Air Fried Garlic Mushrooms in butter recipe is fuss free loaded with flavours from garlic and herbs. It is keto friendly, low carb, gluten-free and vegan friendly( skip butter).
Mushrooms are tossed in butter, fresh garlic and herbs and cooked until tender in Air Fryer. It is a prefect side dish ready under 20 mins.
Seasoned with Zaatar spice mix, these Middle Eastern flavored mushrooms are treat on their own.
- About the recipe
- Herbed Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
- Why Air Fry Mushrooms
- Ingredients for Butter Garlic Mushrooms
- How to clean and store Mushrooms
- How to cut Mushrooms for the recipe
- How to make Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Pro-tips to make best Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Can we bake or make Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms in Oven
- Serving Suggestions
- Storing the leftovers and Re-heating
- Checkout few recipes with mushrooms from the blog
- Recipe Card for Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms
About the recipe
This is a perfect Garlic Butter Mushroom Air Fryer recipe. All it takes basic ingredients from your pantry to make a hearty treat. It is a great way to get your kids eat mushrooms in the most delicious way.
Herbed Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
This is perfect to serve as an appetizer to your guests who love mushrooms. You can always play with the seasonings with your favorite herbs, as per you and your guest' liking. Rich and totally satisfying these are perfect sides for your main meals.
Why Air Fry Mushrooms
Air Frying is a pretty convenient method over deep frying and sautéing. Air Fryer cooks these edible fungi to perfection. It keeps the mushrooms moist, a bit crisp from outside and tender from center coated in flavours. Set the timer and your air fryer will take care to cook the perfect mushrooms when you can do rest of the chores.
Advantages of having Air Fryer at Home
Investing in an Air Fryer is one of the best decisions that we can make for our kitchen. This kitchen gadget is so handy and there are so many options available nowadays. It can be used for baking, as a substitute to frying (one of the best) and roasting the veggies, snacks.
- Air frying cuts down the amount of oil used for deep frying snacks.
- Deep frying certain food items may produce some cancer causing compounds. Air frying reduces the risk of formation of such compounds.
- No standing over the cooking dish and continuous monitoring.
- Use it to crisp the frozen food instead of deep frying which is more fuss, quick and more health friendly.
Air fryers are handy kitchen gadgets and do not occupy much counter space.
Use your Air Fryer in everyday cooking and you can even bake cakes and muffins as per the capacity of your Air Fryer.
Checkout the various Air Fryer Recipes form the blog here--> AIR FRYER RECIPES Vegetarian and Vegan
Ingredients for Butter Garlic Mushrooms
Mushrooms-I have used button mushrooms. You can use other mushrooms like Oyster, Portobello. Take fresh mushrooms. I don't recommend canned or frozen mushrooms, as I new used it and I always use fresh batch.
Garlic- Use of fresh garlic adds so much flavour. You can use garlic powder also but my recommendation is using fresh garlic.
Seasoning- I have used Zaatar spice mix along with black pepper and chilli flakes. Use any of the seasonings of your choice like Italian, Peri Peri or just keep it simple with just garlic, chilli flakes and black pepper. Avoid chilli or adjust as per your heat tolerance especially when making for kids.
Fat- Butter and Olive Oil. Vegans can skip butter and use only oil.
How to clean and store Mushrooms
Mushrooms absorb a lot of water. So, Do not wash mushrooms if you are planning to cook it after 2-3 days of buying from the store. Always store the open pack of mushrooms in a paper bag, after cleaning gently with a paper towel/tissue.
Just before cooking or using in a recipe you can gently wash the mushrooms and then pat dry with a paper towel to clean the dirt and extra moisture.
How to cut Mushrooms for the recipe
Cut the bigger mushrooms into small pieces and leave the smaller ones as it is. As per the size, cut in quarters or half. Chop off the thick stems or separate it from the caps by gentle wiggle.
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Firstly clean and cut mushrooms. Check the above section.
- Mice or very finely chop garlic.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, melted butter, chopped/minced garlic, freshly grinded black pepper and red chilli flakes.
- Toss and coat mushroom nicely. You can also add chopped cilantro/fresh coriander or parsley. Other fresh herbs that can be used are fresh thyme, rosemary which pairs so well with mushrooms.
- Pre-heat Air fryer at 400F or 200C. Leave mushrooms in the marinade till the air fryer preheats.
- Line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil or air fryer liner. Spread coated mushrooms in single layer.
- Air fry for 7-8 mins at 400F or 200C.
- When done, take out of the basket. You can drizzle some more melted butter along with zaatar spice mix and chopped fresh herb.
Pro-tips to make best Air Fryer Mushrooms
Do not soak mushrooms in water before cutting or using in recipe. They absorb lot of water and will take time to cook.
clean mushrooms nicely and remove all the dirt.
Air fry mushrooms in batches(when making a big batch) and avoid stacking.
Cut mushrooms in even pieces. Do not cut the small mushrooms. (Check the video)
Can we bake or make Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms in Oven
To make Oven Roasted Butter Garlic Mushrooms, follow the steps till marinating in butter and garlic.
Preheat the oven at 400F or 200 C. Line marinated mushrooms on a baking tray or pan.
Bake for15-20 mins. depending on the size and quantity of mushrooms.
Add seasoning of your choice.
You can also add some grated parmesan cheese for a cheesy mushroom treat.
Herbed butter mushrooms are a great appetizer for your parties and game day get togethers.
You can add these to pasta, in filling wraps and sandwiches, over fried rice or as a side with your main meals.
Enjoy mushrooms over a toasted bread for your breakfast.
Storing the leftovers and Re-heating
Leftovers mushrooms can be refrigerated in an air tight container and finish it within 2-3 days.
Reheat the herbed mushrooms in air fryer or oven for 3-4 mins at 160C or 320F. You can reheat it in a pan, lightly sauté on low flame.
Checkout few recipes with mushrooms from the blog
Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry(Chinese Style)
Recipe Card for Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Air Fryer or Oven
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Chopping Board
- 14 Oz (Button) Mushroom pack or 400 gm
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder freshly grind
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Flakes or as required
- Salt as per taste
- Zaatar Seasoning or any other seasoning
- Rinse mushrooms in water lightly and pat dry with a paper tissue or kitchen towel.14 Oz (Button) Mushroom pack
- Cut the big mushroom pieces in quarter or halves depending on the size.
- Finely chop or mince garlic cloves.4-5 Garlic Cloves
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the marinade.
- Add olive oil, melted butter, garlic, black pepper powder, chilli flakes and chilli flakes.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 2-3 tbsp Butter, 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder, ½ tsp Red Chilli Flakes, Salt
- Add and toss mushrooms in it. Coat nicely in marinade.
- Preheat Air fryer to 400°F or 200°C.
- Line air fryer basket with foil or air fryer liner.
- Spread mushrooms in the basket evenly.
- Air fry for 7-8 mins.
- When done, take out and sprinkle zaatar seasoning or any seasoning of your choice and serve hot.Zaatar Seasoning
Do try these Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms in Air Fryer or Oven. You and your loved ones will definitely love these.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Say Hello!! and visit my social media accounts.. FB, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and You-Tube.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thanks for stopping by, keep coming back!!
Leave a Reply