Creamy Mushroom and Sweet Corn Soup Recipe | Creamy Mushroom and Sweet Corn Soup Recipe without any Cream
Here I am today with a delicious soup recipe, perfect for all the mushroom and sweet corn lovers.. Creamy Mushroom and Corn Soup made without any cream or infact dairy. So delicious light and filling.
Winters are here and it’s time to make some delicious, filling and comforting food. Cold weather and Soups ..isn’t this sounds so comforting. Whenever there is a nip in air, some slight discomfort in health, a bowl warm soup loaded with favorite ingredients seems to be our best friend.
Sweet Corn and Mushrooms are a match made in heaven. Mushroom lovers can’t say no this creamy bowl of deliciousness. Sweet corn add a sweet note and crunch.
Made with very less oil, without any cream it is a healthy delicious gluten-free and vegan soup.
We are celebrating Winter Warmers at my facebook foodies group Healthy Wellthy Cuisines. The theme was suggested by me and I asked my fellow bloggers to make soups/stews that are comforting and perfect for chilly winters.
For COMFORTING AND HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES from the blog.. CLICK HERE
Do checkout the below links for each one’s contribution for the theme
Tomato Shorba by Jayashree
Manchow Soup by Poonam
Indian Spiced Carrot and Apple Soup by Vanitha
Herbal Rasam by Narmadha
Health benefits of Mushrooms and Sweet Corn
Mushrooms are one of the best meat substitutes for the vegetarians and vegans. Many people stay away from consuming this fungi(biologically mushrooms are Fungi) due misconception that these are poisonous. Always buy mushrooms from good stores in case you want to try it for the first time. Nowadays a variety of mushrooms are used in various cuisines and in so many versatile ways. Add to stir frys, soups, rice preparations like fried rice, biryanis,make curries, use as toppings on pizza, fillings for sandwiches, kebabs, tikkas … and the list goes on.
Mushrooms are enriched with nutrients also. These are fat free, rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Loaded with fibres the water content in mushroom is around 85-90%.
I usually use Button Mushroom variety, as my kids also okay with it. Though they are not the fan of mushroom but they don’t mind it soups, fried rice. I love mushrooms and love to try out different recipes with it.
Some of the recipes from the blog with this edible Fungi..
Sweet corn is mostly used as vegetable but it is actually a grain. Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins(Vit. B12) , minerals. Corn Cob is popular for snacking (grilled/boiled). Corn Kernels are added in soups, salads, fried rice. Boiled corn kernels with butter and different seasonings are a favourite among all the age groups.
Recipes with Sweet Corn on the blog..
Ingredients for Mushroom and Sweet Corn Soup
Detailed Recipe and Method in Recipe card and attached Video
Button Mushroom— Choose white and clean pack.
Sweet Corn Kernels— I have used fresh Corn Kernels. You can use frozen ones also. Pressure cook or boil the fresh corn. Add frozen corn to boiling hot water to thaw and soften the kernels.
Others–Ginger Garlic, Onions, Green Chillies for flavour and finely chopped Spring Onion greens or fresh coriander for garnish.
Creamy Sweet Corn and Mushroom Soup
- 200 gm Button Mushroom pack
- 1.5 Cup Fresh Sweet Corn Kernels
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1-2 Green Chillies or as required
- 1½-2 Cups Vegetable Stock or Water or as required
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Red Chili Sauce (optional) as required
- Salt as per taste
- Nicely clean mushrooms and roughly chop.
- If using fresh sweet corn kernels then add to boiling water and boil for about 5 mins. You can also pressure cook corn.
- Once corn kernels are done, take out in bowl and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil, add half of finely chopped garlic, ginger, green chillies. Saute for a minute till you get the aroma of roasted garlic. Take care not to burn it. Keep the flame on low.
- Add chopped mushroom and sweet corn kernels.
- Saute till mushroom start to caramelize or turn brown.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool.
- Once it completely cools down, keep about 2 -3 tbsp corns and mushroom aside and grind the rest to a fine paste. Add about ¼ cup water while grinding it.
- Clean the pan with a tissue or paper towel, add another tsp of oil heat it and then add rest of garlic, ginger and green chilies.
- Add the mushroom and corn puree.
- Add freshly ground black pepper powder, chilli sauce/sriracha if want a spicy kick.
- While serving, add sauteed corns and mushroom that we kept aside. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
- For non vegan version, you can add about ¼ cream or milk for a more creamy texture and flavour.
Do try this Vegan Gluten-free Creamy Mushroom and Sweet Corn Soup. I am sure you will love it.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!