Broccoli and Mushrooms Stir-fry (Chinese style), is quick side dish which can be served on rice/noodles.
I love Broccoli and Mushroom combination and use these vegetables in my meals like in pulao or in with grilled veggie mix. I love meaty mushroom with broccoli flavoured with garlic and different seasoning or sauces(like Chinese Sauces or in Italian Seasoning). It makes a perfect meal that you can also have just like that without rice/noodles. The recipe is adaptable as you can add or substitute any veggies like bell peppers, beans or proteins like Paneer/Tofu as per your choice.
Kids will love this stir-fry with noodles. I make this quite often as I mentioned above also and pair it with different options. I usually add bell peppers and onions, this time did not have any, so skipped these . Recently made with these Garlic and Green Onion Noodles. My kids are not a big fan of broccoli and mushroom, so I use different ways of sneaking or blending these in dishes to feed these nutritious veggie to them. They eat it without complaining when I serve it in chinese sauces just like Chilli Paneer way or sneaked in a Cheesy Quesadilla. You can also serve this stir-fry as a starter at your parties.
Benefits of Broccoli and Mushrooms
Broccoli and mushrooms are very nutritious options for vegetarians and vegans.
Mushrooms are full of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and proteins. If you are not allergic to mushroom these are the best option for vegans to substitute proteins that come from meat and dairy. Roasting, grilling and stir frying are the best ways to cook mushroom.These are also added to curries like in Kadhai Mushroom
Broccoli is low in calorie, rich source of Vitamin K and C and folate along with potassium. The best way to have broccoli is to stir fry, roast or steam it. Boiling can leach if off from the it’s essential nutrients.
Let’s see how to make this Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry(Chinese style)..
Checkout the detailed Video recipe link.. here..
Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry (Chinese Style)
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Garlic(finely chopped/minced)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar/Agave Nectar or any other sweetener
- 2 tbsp Oil(Sesame preferably)
- Salt to taste
- Wash nicely both broccoli and mushrooms, get rid of all the dirt from mushrooms..
- Cut broccoli into small florets and cut mushroom into half or as preferred. You can cut the stems if you want.
- Mix all the sauces together.
- In a wok or in a non-stick pan, add oil and when the oil is hot enough, add garlic saute for a minute, add mushrooms and broccoli and stir-fry on high. Keep stirring the veggies so that it doesn't burn.
- Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, keep the texture as you like. Mushrooms should not leave water.
- Add sauces and mix well. Fry again for a minute and serve as you like it.
- Do not over fry the veggies as it will lose the crispiness.
- Add salt very carefully, as sauces already have lot of salt.
- You can add veggies of your choice like bell peppers, onions. baby corn or proteins like tofu, paneer or chicken.
Make this quick and easy nutritious stir fry with the noodles or rice of your choice or just like that. Perfect for those days especially when you want eat something exotic but also at the same time do not want to go out for the take out. Trust me these are better than the take out ones as we use controlled amount of oil and fresh ingredients. It’s a treat for broccoli and mushroom lovers.
Do let me know how you and your loved ones liked the recipe. I will also love see your feedback whenever you make these.
I will be happy if you share the pics on my FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. A small appreciation from your side for my work!!
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back.