Strawberry Cream..Light and Creamy, easy and so quick to make. Fresh strawberries marinated in jams(orange marmalade and strawberry jams) served with cream. Strawberries are in season and this is a perfect dessert to make the best use of it.A perfect no fuss recipe that has two main ingredients and needs no cooking or no whipping the cream.
This is another recipe that I learned from my Masi(maternal aunt), checkout this.. my kids favourite.. Eggless, Gelatin-free Chocolate Pudding. My masi makes Mix Fruit cream, using Amul cream with a variety of mix fruits like oranges, grapes, apples and strawberries. The recipe may sound similar to the famous Mahabaleshwar’s Strawberry Whipped Cream , but it is different from it. Mahabaleshwar is a small hill station near Mumbai Maharashtra famous for its Strawberries in winters months from Dec-Feb..We use Amul Cream(available in India) in the recipe and not whipped cream that is used in the famous Strawberry Whipped Cream recipe. . Here in US we don’t get Amul Cream so I use Heavy Whipped Cream(without whipping) to make fruit cream or strawberry Cream.
How to make this..
It takes only 3-4 simple and easy steps to make this delicious dessert. Wash and cut strawberries, mix in the jams and lemon juice and keep it covered in refrigerator for at least 30 mins. Add cream before serving and see everyone drool over it.
- 15-20 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream/Amul Fresh Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Orange Marmalade/ optional
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Ttbsp Strawberry Jam/Preserve
- Wash and cut strawberries into quarters or slices.
- Add orange marmalade, strawberry Jam and 1 Tbsp of sugar if required. Incase orange marmalade / strawberry jam is not there, add 2-3 tbsp of sugar. Mix and cover the bowl with a cling film and keep in refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Before serving, take cream in a ,bowl. You can keep the bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Beat the cream for 2-3 minutes. We are not whipping the cream, only beating it to incorporated some air in it.
- Add strawberries in the cream. If there is lot of juice, do not add all the juice. The cream will become thin in consistency.
- Fold the strawberries in cream, garnish with mint leaves and more strawberries and serve chilled.
To get the best Strawberry Cream dessert
- use fresh strawberries and chilled cream.
- Add castor sugar around 1/4 cup or as per your taste if you are not adding jams or marmalade. Add sugar or jams and lemon juice with strawberries and not at the time of serving the dessert. Sugar extracts the juices from the fruit and enhances the taste.
Pic of strawberries mixed with cream is missing .. will update soon.
So grab some boxes of fresh Strawberries before the season ends and try this delicious and so easy to make Strawberry Cream recipe and see everyone drool over it. It is one of the perfect dessert to end a special meal in a special way!! A hit among the kids as well the grown-ups!! One of the best desserts for those who like fruit based desserts(like my hubby.. Rajeev!!).
Sharing with Angie’s Fiesta Friday#263 .
Share your feedback whenever you make this Strawberry Cream. I will love to see the pics on any of my social media pages..FB or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25) whenever your try. You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails .. follow the blog and my social media accounts. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!